Christian’s research have been published in the following peer reviewed journals:
Flavour and Fragrance Journal
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
Journal of Environmental Science & Technology
Chemistry and Biodiversity
Christian wrote the chapter on Malodor in the Springer Handbook of Odor.
Peer reviewed publications
Citations by scientific publications
Ph. D. in Organic Chemist | Master in Biochemistry | Savory Flavorist training | Distinguished Scientist at Firmenich S.A. Genève: Flavor and Fragrances R&D
FIRMENICH S. A. Geneva, Switzerland (1998-2019)
- Scientific project leader for malodors analysis and understanding. Since 2012 involved in the Bill and Melinda Gates project: “Reinvent the toilet challenge”
- Scientific project leader for the discovery of new taste active natural compounds: cooling, tingling, pungency.
- Started R&D project at Firmenich Aromatics (China) Co. Ltd. Shanghai (2006)for screening Chinese botanicals to develop new extracts
- Malodor expert. Recently involved in the “Reinvent the toilet challenge” in collaboration with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
FIRMENICH Inc., Princeton, NJ, USA (1995-1998)
- Manage a research laboratory to support development of reaction flavors including the design of reaction flavor formulas and processes (thermal treatment, extraction, various spray drying techniques, extrusion on different matrices).
- Focus on soft chemistry to produce sulfur compounds found in foodstuffs.
FIRMENICH S. A. Geneva, Switzerland (1990-1995)
- Scientist, Applied Research and Development.
UNIVERSITY OF GENEVA, Switzerland (1986-1990)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Chemistry Department
- Asymmetric synthesis directed by Prof. W. Oppolzer.